In the prototype phase, the Twitfluence calculation will probably be going through some major and minor changes concerning the application and the calculation. For better understanding, transparency and of course, to satisfy the curiosity of those interested, the simplified version log will be available on this link. Feel free to comment on all the issues below, any feedback will be more than appreciated.
Here is the full Twitfluence version history:
- 0.1 (5.8.2010) – original version of the calculation.
- 0.11 (11.8.2010) – Twitfluence Twitter client is changed to read and write access to enable tweeting of results.
- 0.2 (13.8.2010) – the result of the calculation gets compared to your previous result.
- 0.3 (14.8.2010) – Twitfluence gets a slight modification of the algorithm, specifically of the part about followers. The results in version 0.3 are generally a bit higher than those in prior versions.
- 0.35 (14.8.2010) – a minor modification to take care of those who follow only a few people, so their score is not too high.
- 0.4 (15.8.2010) - replied to and mentioned now have a different weight, because the reach of mentions is higher than the reach of replies. The score should be a bit lower.
- 0.45 (15.8.2010) - another minor adjustment to take care of "beginner" accounts.
- 0.5 (18.8.2010) - the fail whale 502 Bad Gateway error has been taken care of.
- 0.51 (19.8.2010) - tweeting of results is back online.
- 0.6 (20.8.2010) - a modification to the calculation has been made, for extreme situations with many followers and little following.
Want to contribute to the project? Leave a comment or calculate your Twitfluence now.
Like what you read? Now tell the world!
A few more things you might find interesting:
written 14.8.2010 11:54 CET on chronolog